Sunday, March 28, 2010

New York: The Land of the Focused Gift

I spent my weekend in New York with my good friend Kimberly. She was on this HGTV show called "First Time Design", and her episode was airing for the first time. I wanted to be their to support her so I took a trip to see her.

Along the way, I met up with my friend Joi, who's a stylist in New York. She just landed a dream job as a visual manager for a manager fashion designer.

I must say God is doing amazing things in my friends lives!! Thank you God for being faithful to them and showering your blessings on them!

Additionally, I met several of their friends, which in turn, makes them my friends. It the "Guilty by Association" philosophy. If I know that you are a great person, well then, I'm sure that amazing people are not far from you.

What I found amazing about every new encounter was that each person was following their dream. Regardless if it made them money or not, these people were diligent. It shed a lot of light on my on situation.

Every person I came into contact with never gave an excuse as to why they couldn't make their dream come true. I guess I should live by this mantra as well.

I know I have been given the gift of a sublime eye. I must share this gift and be a blessing to many.

Ok, God. I'm listening...

1 comment:

Daddy Phat Sacs said...

Fantastic philosophy!!! It's amazing to me that I've only recently began to realize the same thing as I entered my thirties, but I guess it doesn't matter when the inspiration happens, just as long as it happens. Thanks for the post and thoughts...