Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Memory's "UNCANNY'ed" Thought of The Day

This post is two-fold. Not only is it my thoughts, but it also stems from the Bible verse of today:

— 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 —

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
__________________________

"Lord, what do you want to teach me to make me a better person? What are your plans to make me more effective? Lead me and guide me through this process, O Lord. Be my teacher, show me your ways. And don't let me miss any lesson you've prepared for me."

To check out more Bible verses of today click here.

I love love love these two verses!!! Love them. I am at the end of enduring not the hardest thing in my life, but one of the most challenging moments in my life. I have wrestled God for almost 7 months with a particular issue and it is amazing how stern God has been with me about it. I have tried to make things go my way in the situation, and God has remained unmoved (as if he would have moved anyway, HA! LOL!).

I must say, through it all, God has been trying to show me that it was time to move to the next phase of my life. Unfortunately, some people were not meant to join me on the journey. This is the main thing I wrestled with God about. However, I am still forever thankful that he has showered grace and mercy on all people involved.

"Ships" (Relationships, Friendships, etc) with people are dynamic pieces of our personal fabric. They tell a lot about who you are and what you have come from. In 2009 I lost a friend and a boyfriend, and I was torn about losing both. However, it is bittersweet moments such as these--difficulties, hardships, and persecutions--that force you to lean on God for a strength that you have never possessed. There were even times when I would let my weakness overshadow the promise that God had for my life, but still- He remained faithful.

God's will for my life--and your life--is perfect. His grace, mercy, and power are PERFECT. God knows what you need and who you need. Thank God for my weaknesses, because it gives him a chance to prove all of that and more.

God, thank you for sustaining me. Even when I could not, would not, accept your will or reason for the events that did occur in my life. I know that you have a purpose and a journey for everyone who claims you as their Father. I trust your rhyme and reason for my life without knowing your rhyme and reason. Without you, I am nothing. With you, I can move mountains. Thank you for every setback, heartache, failed friendship, and tear. For without those I could not cherish all my successes, triumphs, true friendships, laughs, and love.

I have learned. The Chains have been removed. It's time to turn the page.



I'll close this thought with these verses:

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Please try God if you have not. He's probably--no scratch that--he IS. Period. He just IS.

God's favor, mercies, graces, and protection to all who read,

mb

No comments: