Monday, January 25, 2010

A BCBG Candle Saved My Life


This past weekend I went to the mall to window shop. I decided to go into BCBG just to see what they had (if you know BCBG, you know it's such a "hit or miss" type of store). In the very front of the store, they had this candle. It smelled like any ordinary candle, but for some reason, I was inclined to take the candle out of the box.

This is where my life changed. The holder had a simple, but powerful message: "...to love is to risk not being loved in return, to hope is to risk pain, to try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest jeopardy in life is to risk nothing."

At first read, it may do nothing for you, but this spoke directly to me. All my life, I've been known to take risks--except when it comes to love. I did not look at love as a gift or a blessing, I looked at it allowing yourself to be vunerable or hurt. I vowed that I would (and could for that matter) control that emotion.

Not anymore.

No longer, will I become prisoner to the fear. I'm still afraid of the thought of loving and "not being loved in return", but seriously, is it really love if you cannot do so without thinking about the consequence of being hurt? The answer is no.

I will fight through the fear, because I know that I can receive and give an honest, pure, and delicate love.

Love is a gift from God, and it is amazing to me how I have abused it. I have used it for self-gratitude, lied on love, spit on love, and enough is enough.

Every night that I pray, I ask God to forgive me of all wrong--especially when it comes to what I have done with his gift of Love. I made a promise to God that if he ever decided to bless me again with the opportunity of loving someone and being loved, I would cherish it, cultivate it, but most importantly, I would RECIEVE it without fear.

Receive it...without fear.

God created every thing and every person with Love, when God blesses you with love, He is blessing you with HIM.

LOVE.NEVER.CHANGES

No comments: